Second-chance banking that doesn’t cut corners.
What is a second-chance bank account?
Mistakes happen in banking, like repeated overdrafts and unpaid overdraft fees. But that doesn’t have to take you out of the banking system forever.
If you’ve been denied a bank account because of a bad banking history, second-chance banking offers you a way to get back into the banking system. A bad banking history could be due to past mistakes like unpaid overdraft fees, forced account closure, or excessive withdrawals.
Those mistakes can make a difference when it comes to ChexSystems, a service many banks use when reviewing applications. ChexSystems is a consumer reporting agency that reports your banking history to financial institutions. If you’ve been denied a bank account, it’s often because of a negative checking or savings account history report from ChexSystems.
Varo does not use reports from ChexSystems when reviewing applications.
More than 80% of banking institutions use reports from agencies like ChexSystems to decide whether to approve someone for an account. — National Consumer Law Center
Second-chance banking, not second-rate banking.
- No ChexSystems or credit report check
- No minimum balance requirement or monthly fees
- A debit card (not a prepaid card)
- Access to 55,000+ fee-free Allpoints® ATMs
- Free paper check mailing
- Payday up to two days early with direct deposit*
- No Fee Overdraft up to $50 (see requirements)
- An optional high-yield Varo Savings Account with automatic savings tools
Second-chance banking is banking for all.
A bank account is essential for good money management, and we believe everyone deserves the chance to have one. Varo does not use ChexSystems when reviewing applications because past mistakes shouldn’t keep you from getting a great bank account today.
Banking for all means we don’t limit you by your banking history. Instead, we offer a complete, second-chance bank account that can help you get back on track.
Rebuild your banking and open an account.
Second-chance banking can open the door if you’ve made mistakes in the past. Here are three ways a Varo Bank Account can help you build up a good banking history.
1. No minimum balance requirement and no monthly fees mean you won’t be punished if you don’t have a certain amount in your account.
2. When you get paid early with direct deposit*, you can make payments early.
3. If you need a cushion until the next paycheck, you can use No Fee Overdraft once you qualify.