The Varo Money #VaroVictories Contest
• NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS CONTEST. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
• THIS IS A SKILL-BASED CONTEST.
• VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
• ALL DISPUTES WILL BE RESOLVED SOLELY BY BINDING ARBITRATION AND ENTRANTS WAIVE THE ABILITY TO BRING CLAIMS IN A CLASS ACTION FORMAT.
• THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM, INC. (“INSTAGRAM”).
BY ENTERING (OR OTHERWISE PARTICIPATING IN) THE SKILL CONTEST, ENTRANTS AGREE TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH ARE A BINDING CONTRACT, SO READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE ENTERING. WITHOUT LIMITATION, THIS CONTRACT INCLUDES INDEMNITIES TO THE SKILL CONTEST ENTITIES FROM YOU AND A LIMITATION OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
1. Eligibility. The Varo Money #VaroVictories Contest (the “Challenge”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents and physically located in the fifty (50) states in the United States or the District of Columbia and who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Varo Money, Inc. (“Sponsor”), The Bancorp Bank, each of their parent companies, and each of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, distributors and other prize suppliers (collectively with Sponsor, the “Challenge Entities”), and each of such employees’, officers’ and directors’ immediate family members and/or those living in the same household (whether legally related or not) of each are not eligible to enter the Challenge or win a prize. For purposes of this Challenge, immediate family members are defined as spouse, partner, parents, legal guardians, in-laws, grandparents, siblings, children and grandchildren and those living in the same household shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether legally related or not. Void where prohibited by law. By participating in the Challenge, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these “Official Rules” and the decisions of the Judges (defined below) and/or Sponsor, including the interpretation of these Official Rules and its exercise of discretion, which will be final and binding in all respects.
2. Challenge Period and Entry Periods. The Challenge begins on or about 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) on Tuesday, November 12, 2019 and all entries must be received by the Sponsor on or before 8:59 a.m. PT on Friday, November 22, 2019 (the “Challenge Period”); provided, however, the Challenge consists of the following two (2) individual entry periods (each an “Entry Period” and collectively the “Entry Periods”):
Any entry sent via Instagram direct message must be submitted via the Entrant’s camera roll, not from the native Instagram direct message camera. Sponsor may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the submission instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. By submitting a video or photo to @VaroMoney or firstname.lastname@example.org, Entrant is confirming their acceptance and agreement to these Official Rules. Messages not received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Challenge.
There is no limit to the number of entries that Entrant may submit in this Challenge; provided however, each entry must include a different reason as to how Varo has positively impacted the life of the Entrant and no duplicate entries will be accepted. Entries generated by a script, computer programs, macro, programmed, robotic or other automated means are void and may be disqualified. Entries in excess of the stated limits, incomplete, illegible, corrupted, damaged, destroyed, forged, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Challenge at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Entries submitted by Entrants who do not meet the eligibility requirements (including all requirements with respect to age and residence) are void. All materials submitted become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an Entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the registered account holder of the email address associated with the entry or social media account for the domain associated with the submitted address provided that person is eligible. Winners may be required to show proof of being the registered account holder. Registered account holder is defined as the person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. In the event a dispute regarding the identity of the individual who actually submitted an entry cannot be resolved to Sponsor’s satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible. The Sponsor’s designated database clock will be the official timekeeper for this Challenge. Those who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Rules or other instructions of Sponsor may be disqualified. The Challenge Entities may run multiple campaigns, contests, challenges, or other promotions simultaneously. Entry into one (1) campaign, contest, challenge, or promotion does not constitute entry into any other.
4. Submission Content Guidelines. Submissions that do not meet the following “Content Guidelines” are subject to disqualification, at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, so read and follow these Content Guidelines:
• During the Entry Period, Submissions cannot be displayed or distributed except by us and you must maintain all rights, without third party obligations, to transfer your Submission to us if you are selected as a Winner. All rights to the Submission are reserved by the Sponsor.
• Except for materials that are in the public domain, each Submission, in its entirety, must be a single work of original material created by the Entrant, or for which Entrant has all rights required to comply with these Official Rules, and suitable for presentation in a public forum.
• Submissions must not have been submitted previously in any Challenge of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly (i.e., disclosed beyond your immediate circle of friends and family) through any means previously.
• Except for materials in the public domain, Submissions must include only materials created by the Entrant, or for which Entrant has all rights required to comply with these Official Rules, and must not infringe on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials that infringe third party rights is grounds for disqualification from the Challenge and may subject you to liability. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your Submission and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor. Entries that contain brand names, trademarks or company logos are subject to disqualification.
• Submissions must not include material that: (a) is sexually explicit, indecent, obscene, violent, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous, (b) is derogatory or promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age, (c) invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, (d) is unlawful, (e) is harmful to other users of Instagram, such as viruses, Trojan horses or other technologies that could adversely impact the Challenge, and/or (f) is disparaging to Sponsor or is inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate (at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion).
• Submissions should not reveal any personal information about another individual, including another person’s address, phone number, email address, debit and credit card number, cardholder name, or any information that may be used to track, contact or impersonate that individual.
• Submissions may only include original music created and performed solely by Entrant (i.e., songs must be composed, lyrics written and performed by Entrant) or include music that we may provide you to use in your Submission. Submissions that include any other songs or recordings are inappropriate and will be subject to disqualification.
• Entrant must have permission from any individuals that appear in his or her Submission (e.g., family members, friends or others).
• No background artwork should appear in the Submissions unless it is an original work of the Entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Submissions must be created solely by the Entrant or Entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein.
• Entrants must not submit a Submission that if selected cannot be assigned to Sponsor as contemplated below.
5. Intellectual Property. Entrant, upon submission of his or her Submission to the Challenge, irrevocably grants to Sponsor, and each of its licensees, successors and assigns, the non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, no-cost license and right to use and otherwise exploit his/her Submission, and all images, text and materials included or depicted therein, in whole or in part, in any manner or medium now or hereafter known or devised (including, without limitation, CDs, streaming media, film, television, videocassettes, print, interactive devices, mobile media, Internet and on-line systems), throughout the universe and in any and all languages, including, without limitation, the right to display, reproduce, recreate, record, perform, exhibit, distribute, copy, edit, change, modify, add to, subtract from, re-title and adapt the same, to combine it with other material and otherwise use and exploit it without having to give any compensation or attribution to Entrants or any third party, except for the awarding of the prize to the Winners in this Challenge. Entrants agree that during the Challenge Period, they shall not make, and shall not permit, any other public use, display or distribution of the Submissions, and they shall maintain all rights without encumbrances so that, if Sponsor desires, Entrants can assign all rights in and to Submissions if selected as a Winner. Sponsor, and each of its successors, assigns and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works of Submissions, to assign or transfer any or all of Sponsor’s granted rights and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses. Without limiting the forgoing, Sponsor will have the right to use the Submissions submitted as part of the Challenge, and all images, text and materials included or depicted therein (if any), in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose. Entrants hereby forever waive and relinquish all “moral rights (droit moral)” now or hereafter recognized in connection with Submissions submitted as part of the Challenge. Entrants acknowledge that as a condition of participating in the Challenge and/or being selected as a Winner, Sponsor may request that the Entrant’s Submission, and any rights therein, be assigned to Sponsor and Entrants may be required to confirm such assignment by completing and submitting the Affidavit (defined below) (and any other documents reasonably required by Sponsor) or such Entrant will otherwise be disqualified from receiving his/her prize(s). Entrants must maintain the ability to assign all such rights to Sponsor free of any limitations, restrictions or third party obligations. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall have the sole discretion in determining the extent and manner of use of Submissions and are not obligated to use any Submission. Entrants agree that Sponsor, nor its agents, shall be responsible for return or preservation of the Submissions submitted. All Submissions that are posted by Sponsor on the Internet are available to be viewed by anyone with access to the Internet.
Each Entrant acknowledges that Submissions are not being submitted in confidence or in trust to Sponsor and that no confidential or fiduciary relationship is intended or created. Each Entrant acknowledges that Sponsor and other Entrants may have created ideas and concepts contained in their Submissions that may have familiarities or similarities to his/her own Submission, and that he/she will not be entitled to any compensation or right to negotiate with the Challenge Entities because of these familiarities or similarities. Notwithstanding any custom and practice in the industry to pay an individual for an idea (if any), nothing herein shall create an implied or express contract to compensate Entrants for their Submissions and there is no obligation for any Challenge Entity to pay or otherwise compensate Entrants for any of their ideas or materials in any communications with Sponsor, whatsoever. Submissions are not confidential and the Challenge Entities’ only obligations to Entrants regarding Submissions are as specifically set forth in these Official Rules. The decisions of the Sponsor are final and binding in all matters relating to this Challenge, including interpretation and application of these Official Rules. Entrant, by participating in the Challenge, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval. Sponsor reserves the right to request from Entrant at any time proof that Entrant maintains all necessary rights in their Submission in order to grant Sponsor the rights required herein in a form acceptable to Sponsor. Failure to provide such proof may lead to, among other things, the Entrant being disqualified from the Challenge.
6. Representations and Warranties. By entering the Challenge, Entrant represents and warrants that he or she has read, understands, agrees to and will follow the Official Rules. Entrant further represents and warrants that his or her Submission and all materials and matter therein: (a) (except for elements that are within the public domain or are provided by Sponsor for inclusion in Submissions) are wholly original with such Entrant and are not a copy or imitation of any other material or Entrant has all necessary rights to grant the Sponsor the rights granted hereunder and exercise such without obligation or liability to any third party; (b) will not infringe or violate any right whatsoever, including, without limitation, any personal rights (e.g., defamation, privacy, false light, moral right, etc.) or any property rights (e.g., copyright, trademark, right to ideas, etc.) of any person or entity and the use thereof will result in no third party liability or obligations; and (c) is not the subject of any threatened or pending litigation, claim or dispute that might give rise to litigation, which adversely affects or in any way prejudices, impairs or diminishes the rights granted hereunder or the value thereof. Entrant further represents and warrants that he or she has the right to agree to and fully perform consistent with these Official Rules and that he or she has complied and has obtained all permissions, licenses and consents that are necessary for the submission of the Submission and the use of the Submission and to verify compliance with the foregoing requirements. Entrant agrees to provide to Sponsor at Sponsor’s request copies of all such permissions, licenses and consents. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and/or not to post any Submission that Sponsor determines does not comply with these Official Rules, to make such changes to any Submission as are necessary to make it compliant, or to require the Entrant to do so. Entrant further acknowledges and agrees that he/she has not previously granted, assigned or otherwise encumbered his/her Submission, or any images, text and materials depicted therein, to any other third party. Further, Entrant represents and warrants that Sponsor’s use of any Submission, including any images, text and materials depicted therein, shall not violate an agreement to which such Entrant has signed. Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold the Released Parties (defined below) harmless from and against any third party claims, to the extent arising out of or relating to any breach of any representation, warranty or covenant made by Entrant in connection with his or her acceptance of these Official Rules or Challenge activities.
7. Determining the Winners. After the conclusion of each Entry Period, each Submission will be reviewed by a team of judges (the “Judges”) assembled by Sponsor, who will review and judge all eligible Submissions based on the following judging criteria (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”):
20% Varo’s impact; and
20% Sound/Video/Image Quality.
Based on the total score the Judges assign to each Submission using the Judging Criteria, five (5) winning Submissions for each Entry Period (a total of ten (10) for the entire Challenge) will be ultimately selected by the Judges and each individual who submitted a selected Submission will be potential “Winners,” subject to confirmation that the potential Winners have met the eligibility requirements and complied with these Official Rules. If there is a tie after the Judges apply the Judging Criteria, Sponsor will bring in a tie breaking Judge to apply the same Judging Criteria to break the tie and determine the Winner. If an Entrant’s Submission is not selected as a winner during the first Entry Period, the Entrant’s Submission will be still be re-considered in the successive Entry Periods. Sponsor will have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Rules, of administration of the Challenge, and of selection of the Winners.
8. Winner Notification and Prize Claiming. The potential Winners will be notified by email, direct message on Instagram and/or other method (as selected by Sponsor) on or about the times and dates set forth in the chart in Section 2 above, unless extended by Sponsor. The Sponsor is not responsible for false, incorrect, changed, incomplete or illegible contact information. Notification is deemed to have occurred immediately upon sending of an email or other electronic message.
Each potential winner may be required to submit an affidavit of eligibility / release of liability / prize acceptance agreement (collectively, the “Affidavit”) and return the Affidavit within the twenty-four (24) hour time period specified at notification before being eligible to receive his or her prize. If any potential prize Winner fails or refuses to sign and return such Affidavit within the twenty-four (24) hour time period required by Sponsor or if the prize or prize notification is returned as rejected, faulty, unclaimed or returned as undeliverable to such potential prize winner, such potential prize winner may be disqualified, and an alternate may be selected. Non-compliance shall result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. Parents or legal guardians of any prize Winner under the age of majority in their state/jurisdiction of residence (which is eighteen (18) in most states but is nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska and twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) may be required to also sign the Affidavit in order for the prize Winner to be qualified to receive his or her prize. If any potential prize winner is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules, or if the potential prize winner cannot attend or participate in any portion of the prize, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner may be disqualified, and an alternate potential winner may be selected. The Challenge Entities are not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, damaged, intercepted, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the potential winners, or if potential winner is a minor, for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts of potential winner to provide signed parental or guardian consent.
9. Prizes and Values. The prizes to be awarded in this Challenge consist of a one-time deposit of $500.00 into the Winner’s Varo Bank Account. Prizes are non-transferable, with no cash redemptions, equivalents or substitutions except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All prize details not specified in these Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Prize details and availability are subject to change and prize provider’s rules and restrictions, and in the event that Sponsor is unable to provide the Winner with his or her prizes, the Sponsor may elect to provide Winners with the approximate value of such item in cash or award an alternate prize of comparable or greater value. Prize Winners will be solely responsible for all federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prizes they receive, regardless of whether they, in whole or in part, are used. The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the prizes is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a Winner may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The Winners may be required to provide Sponsor with a valid social security number before the prize will be awarded for tax reporting purposes. Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited. Prizes, if legitimately claimed, will be awarded. The Challenge Entities are not responsible for and will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen prizes or any prize that is undeliverable or does not reach the Winner because of an incorrect or changed address. If a Winner does not accept or use the entire prize, the unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited, and the Challenge Entities will have no further obligation with respect to that prize or portion of the prize. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. The total ARV of all of the prizes awarded in this Challenge is $5,000.00. The Challenge Entities are not responsible for and Winner will not receive the difference, if any, between the actual value of the prize(s) at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules or in any Challenge-related correspondence or material. Limit of one (1) prize per person for the entirety of the Challenge.
10. Publicity Release. Subject to applicable law, Winners irrevocably grant the Challenge Entities, and each of their licensees, and its and their successors, assigns and sub-licensees, the right and permission to use their name, voice, likeness and/or biographical material for advertising, promotional and/or publicity purposes in connection with the Challenge, in all forms of media and by all manners (now and hereafter known), and on and in connection with related products, services, advertising and promotional materials (now known or hereafter developed), worldwide, in perpetuity, without any obligation, notice or consideration, except for the awarding of the prizes to the Winners.
11. Tampering with Challenge. The Challenge Entities are not responsible for the actions of Entrants in connection with the Challenge, including Entrants’ attempts to circumvent the Official Rules or otherwise interfere with the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Challenge. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Challenge, or whom Sponsor believes to be causing malfunction, error, disruption or damage may be disqualified. Additionally, any attempt to cheat the Challenge, as determined at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor, may result in immediate disqualification of the Entrant, as well as other possible consequences, including disqualification from any and all existing and future Challenge. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM OR APPLICATION) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CHALLENGE MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK ALL LEGAL AND EQUITABLE REMEDIES FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify (or terminate the prize of) any individual who is found to be, or suspected of, acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike, obscene, immoral or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
12. Suspension / Modification / Termination. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with the Challenge by any event beyond its control, including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications or equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Challenge by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate the Challenge or prize. Sponsor additionally reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion: (a) to modify, suspend or terminate the Challenge should causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or interfere with the administration, integrity, operation, security or proper play of the Challenge; or (b) to disqualify any Entrant found to be, or suspected of: (i) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Challenge; (ii) acting in violation of these Official Rules; or (iii) acting in an un-sportsmanlike manner. The Released Parties are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the social media platform used for purposes of administering this Challenge that may interfere with the Challenge (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use the social media platform for the Challenge as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of Entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via the social media platform, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Challenge.
13. Waivers, Disclaimers and Releases. By participating in the Challenge, Entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Challenge Entities, Instagram and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, successors and assigns (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liability, costs (including attorneys’ fees), losses, damages, fines or injuries (up to and including bodily injury and death) of any kind arising out of or related to: (i) Entrants’ participation in the Challenge (including travel to/from any Challenge activity); (ii) any acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize (including, without limitation, losses, damages or injuries to Entrant’s or any other person’s equipment or other property, or to their persons, including those arising from any travel to/from any prize event or activity); (iii) the Released Parties’ violation of rights of publicity or privacy, claims of defamation or portrayal in a false light or based on any claim of infringement of intellectual property; and (iv) any typographical, human or other error in the printing, offering, selection, operation or announcement of any Challenge activity and/or prize. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, Entrants agree that the Released Parties have neither made nor will be in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with the Challenge and/or with respect to prizes, including, without limitation, to any prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree that the Released Parties shall have no responsibility or liability for discontinued prizes; human error; incorrect or inaccurate transcription of registration and/or account information; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider utilized by Sponsor; interruption or inability to access the website, application or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to participant’s (or any third person’s) computer and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of the Challenge; any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, viruses, bugs, defects; and/or any other errors or malfunctions, even if caused by the negligence of the Released Parties. Each Entrant further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all liability resulting or arising from the Challenge and to release all rights to bring any claim, action or proceeding against Released Parties and hereby acknowledge that the Released Parties have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to a prize, including express warranties provided exclusively by a prize supplier that may be sent along with a prize. The Released Parties are not responsible for any changes or unavailability of the social media platform used for purposes of administering this Challenge that may interfere with the Challenge (including any limitations, any restrictions, or any conditions on Sponsor’s ability to use the social media platform for the Challenge as set forth herein that are not acceptable to Sponsor) or ability of Entrant to timely enter, receive notices or communicate with Sponsor via the social media platform, in which case Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may terminate or modify the Challenge.
14. Entry Information and Challenge Communications. As a condition of entering the Challenge, each Entrant gives consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver his or her name, email address, mailing address and other information to third parties for the purpose of administering this Challenge and to comply with applicable laws, regulations and rules. Any information Entrant provides to Sponsor may be used to communicate with Entrant in relation to this Challenge or on a Challenge Winner’s list.
15. Governing Law / Limitation of Liability. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of Entrants, Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Challenge will be governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other laws.
BY ENTERING THE CHALLENGE, ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (A) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CHALLENGE, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (B) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY) NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; AND (C) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES NOT TO EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
16. Dispute Resolution. The parties each agree to finally settle all disputes only through arbitration; provided, however, the Sponsor shall be entitled to seek injunctive or equitable relief in the state and federal courts in San Francisco, California and any other court with jurisdiction over the parties. In arbitration, there is no judge or jury and review is limited. The arbitrator’s decision and award is final and binding, with limited exceptions, and judgment on the award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. The parties agree that, except as set forth above, any claim, suit, action or proceeding arising out of or relating to this Challenge shall be resolved solely by binding arbitration before a sole arbitrator under the streamlined Arbitration Rules Procedures of JAMS Inc. (“JAMS”) or any successor to JAMS. In the event JAMS is unwilling or unable to set a hearing date within fourteen (14) days of the filing of a “Demand for Arbitration”, then either party can elect to have the arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) or any other mutually agreeable arbitration administration service. If an in-person hearing is required, then it will take place in San Francisco, California. The federal or state law that applies to these Official Rules will also apply during the arbitration. Disputes will be arbitrated only on an individual basis and will not be consolidated with any other proceedings that involve any claims or controversy of another party, including any class actions; provided, however, if for any reason any court or arbitrator holds that this restriction is unconscionable or unenforceable, then the agreement to arbitrate doesn’t apply and the dispute must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction in San Francisco, California. Sponsor agrees to pay the administrative and arbitrator’s fees in order to conduct the arbitration (but specifically excluding any travel or other costs of Entrant to attend the arbitration hearing). Either party may, notwithstanding this provision, bring qualifying claims in small claims court.
17. No Obligation to Use. Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
18. Further Documentation. If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments, certificates of engagement for the Submission or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to effectuate the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then entrant agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request therefor.
19. List of Challenge Winners. To receive a list of Winners, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope, within sixty (60) days of expiration of the Entry Periods, to: “Varo Money Varo Victories Contest Winners List”, Varo Money, 222 Kearny St, 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108.
21. Identification of Sponsor. This Challenge is sponsored by Varo Money, Inc., 222 Kearny St., 9th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94108. Reference to third parties in connection with prizes and/or third party websites or services are for reference and identification purposes only and not intended to suggest endorsement, sponsorship or affiliation with Sponsor or the Challenge.
All Rights Reserved by Varo © 2019
Varo Money, Inc. | NMLS #: 1547251 | Licenses | NMLS Consumer Access