Move money the easy way with ACH transfers.
What is an ACH transfer?
The two kinds of ACH transactions:
1. ACH debit transactions “pull” the money from your account, like for an automatic bill payment.
2. ACH credit transactions “push” money into your account, like a direct deposit of your paycheck or tax refund.
You can set up both kinds of ACH transactions by providing your Varo Bank Account number and routing number to your biller or payor.
How long do ACH transfers take?
ACH transfer exact timing depends on the financial institution. Here’s what you can expect for ACH transfers with Varo:
If you initiate an ACH transfer in the Varo app to or from an external bank account you own, it’ll take 2–4 business days.
If you initiate an ACH transfer from an external bank account to Varo, it’ll typically take 1–2 business days.
ACH transfers vs. wire transfers
ACH transfers are typically free, but they take a few business days to clear. Wire transfers usually come with a fee but are delivered within a few hours or less.
ACH transfer fee to send or receive money with Varo: $0
Average wire transfer fee to send money domestically*: $25
FAQs About ACH Transfers
How do I make an external transfer to my Varo Bank Account?
There are two ways to make an external transfer: either in the Varo app or from the external bank’s website. These transfers are called ACH transfers and require you to verify your own the external account before making the transfer.
If you want to move money right away, make an instant transfer from digital wallets like Cash App, Venmo, or PayPal. We don’t charge a fee for instant transfers, but the digital wallet might.
How can I transfer money from a Varo account to an external bank account?
Transferring money to an external account is easy. To keep things secure, it takes 1–2 business days to fully process. Here’s what to do:
- Link the external account to your Varo Bank Account and verify it’s yours.
- Once the external account is linked, open the Varo app and tap Move Money > Transfer Money.
- Select From: Varo Bank Account and To: the account you want to receive the transfer. See the limit for the transfer under the transfer amount.
Transfers to external checking or savings accounts are limited to $5,000 per transfer and $10,000 per calendar month.
How long will it take to transfer money from an external account to my Varo Bank Account?
Can I make wire transfers with a Varo Bank Account?
Both domestic and international wire transfers are not available right now with Varo. The good news is you have plenty of other ways to make deposits:
- Direct deposits of paychecks, benefits, and other payments
- Transfers from an external bank account
- Transfers from digital wallets like Cash App, Venmo, and PayPal
- Mobile deposits of paper checks
- Cash deposits from Green Dot locations nationwide
Does my Varo Visa® Debit Card come with instant transfer options?
Yes, you can make instant money transfers from digital wallets like Cash App, PayPal, Venmo and Square, or companies like Uber and Lyft. The speed of the transfer varies by digital wallet, but it usually takes less than 30 minutes. We don’t charge a fee for instant transfers, but make sure to check your digital wallet to see if they charge a fee.